The other day I was talking to my pastor. We were
discussing all the people we know who have either
turned from God and are working against Him know
or they have stopped expecting anything from God
and simply go through the motions and do the
The next day I heard a sermon by Bill Johnson that
put words to my thoughts that I couldn’t express.
He went through the story of Jonathan and his
outpost alone. Jonathan and only one of two swords
in the whole of Israel. His armour bearer had nothing.
They gave up the advantage of surprise by showing
themselves. They gave into the trap of the highground
saying, “If they call us up we know God is giving them
into our hands.”
They did the absolute most crazy thing they could…
and they killed twenty.
And the story spread through the camp of the Philistines
and they shook. And God sent and earthquake and they
own kind rose up and fought against the enemies of Israel.
And those hiding in the hills who were avoiding conflict started
chasing after the enemy.
All it took was doing something crazy that God could amplify.
My problem with the story is that Saul is constantly in
trouble for not inquiring of God yet Jonathan went with
a “perhaps God”.
The differences between the two are many. Saul acted
and reacted it seems continually out of fear. Jonathan
acted out of faith in a command of God to possess the
land and the promise of God that He would fight ahead
What’s troubling you today? Can you stand on the promises
of God and do even the ridiculous for Him?
Will you give God a story He can amplify that will
turn those fighting against God and put them
on the front lines of fighting the enemy? Will
the story you’re writing with today be useful for
God to motivate the hurt and the hiding to
engage in the battle we’re called to?
I’d love to hear your testimonies of what
God has done when you’ve risked for Him.
- Victory: More Than Number (gofamint.wordpress.com)
- Stepping Out In Faith (brookeespinoza.wordpress.com)
- David and Goliath – Bible Story Summary. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Giants in the Land (christianholisticcenter.wordpress.com)
- Samson and Delilah – Bible Story Summary. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Christian Acronyms :: D.O.G (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Faith for the little Guy (katiesga.wordpress.com)
- CLICK A BLESSING TODAY – Don’t under-estimate yourself (ptl2010.wordpress.com)
- Dealing With Difficult People God’s Way Like “David and Goliath” in the Bible (lnger.wordpress.com)
- Power of the Positive – Part 3 (j4man.wordpress.com)