Title of Book: Game On: Find your purpose – Pursue Your Dream
Author: Emmitt Smith, lives with his wife, Pat, are generous philanthropists in the Dallas area.
ISBN Number: 978-1-4143-4981-7
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc
Genre/Market: Self Help, Spiritual, Success, NFL football
Publication Date: 2011
Book Length:280 Pages
5 Out of 5 points
Headline for Book Review: Pro Football Player Emmitt Smith
Quote: “The question is, are you willing to do whatever it takes to become the person you need to be, to achieve the life you want to live?”
Emmitt wrote this book to share his life lessons and the mistakes he has made so that we can learn from them. This book offers a practical, guide with steps to help as a guide in our lives. What I loved is that each chapter opens with a scripture. Emmitt talks about having our goals listed on paper and to update them all the time as circumstances and times do change.
Here is a summary of Steps listed:
- Have a vision of what you want in your life, dream big!
- Write out your goals for your life and include God.
- Have valuable morals, character and principles.
- Be committed to what you want.
- Be courageous
- Face your fears
- Have mentors and supporters for your cause.
- Have a Positive Mental Attitude
- Make decisions based on what God would want you to have to benefit yourself and the lives of others.
- The more you give the more you will receive and it could be your time or talents or even money.
Emmitt Smith, the former NFL Dallas Cowboys football star, also named the winner of the popular USA reality TV show “Dancing with the Stars.” Smith, the NFL’s all-time leading rusher, three-time Super Bowl champion and chiropractic advocate beat out actor Mario Lopez (saved by the bell) in the final dancing competition. This book is a good read if you want to help to make your dreams a reality.
FTC Blogger Guidelines
To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, please mention as part of every Web or Amazon review that Tyndale House Publishers has provided you with a complimentary copy of this book.
Jackie Paulson © 2011 All Rights Reserved