Who is your favorite AUTHOR of ALL TIME?
Nicholas Sparks: Facts
Born on 12/31/1965 One year before I was born!
College: University of Notre Dame
Began writing with the 1995 The Notebook which turned into a Movie!
Raised originally in Omaha, Nebraska
Graduated high school in Fair Oaks, CA in 1984 (Class Valedictorian)
When Nicholas Sparks’ mother died of a tragedy when she was killed in a horseback riding accident and was only 47. My real mom died when she was 33.erican author, born July 9, 1945 in Everett, Pennsylvania.
-He is the author of #1 New York Times bestseller for 12 books
-Nicholas and JK Rowling the only contemporary authors to have a novel spend more than a year on both The New York Times hardcover and paperback bestsellers lists
-In a poll of Entertainment Weekly readers he was selected as the favorite author.
-He spent four years coaching track and field athletes at the local public high school. In 2009, the team he coached at New Bern High School set a World Junior Indoor Record in the 4 x400 meter, in New York. The record still stands.
-He is the creator of The Nicholas Sparks Foundation and it has raised $10 million dollars, which have been distributed to deserving charities, scholarship programs, and projects.
-Nicholas along with his talent of writing was a very good track athlete. In high school, He ran 1:52.0 in the 800m, 400m time was 48.6 and 1600m in 4:08.7. In college he was frequently injured and unfortunately missed two entire indoor and outdoor seasons. Though he did have three or four runs in the 800m that averaged 1:49.3-1:50.6.
-He set the Notre Dame school record as part of a relay team in 1985 as a freshman
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever”
- “And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.”
- “If you simply ignored the feeling, you would never know what might happen, and in many ways that was worse than finding out in the first place. Because if you were wrong, you could go forward in your life without ever looking back over your shoulder and wondering what might have been.”
- “Every time I read to her, it was like I was courting her, because sometimes, just sometimes, she would fall in love with me again, just like she had a long time ago. And that’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. How many people are ever given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over?”
- “If pinpointing God’s presence were really that simple, then he supposed the beaches would be more crowded in the mornings. They would be filled with people on their own quests, instead of people jogging or walking their dogs or fishing in the surf.”
- The Notebook (October 1996)
- Message in a Bottle (April 1998)
- A Walk to Remember (October 1999)
- The Rescue (September 2000)
- A Bend in the Road (September 2001)
- Nights in Rodanthe (September 2002)
- The Guardian (April 2003)
- The Wedding (September 2003)
- Three Weeks with My Brother (April 2004)
- True Believer (April 2005)
- At First Sight (October 2005)
- Dear John (October 2006)
- The Choice (September 2007)
- The Lucky One (September 2008)
- The Last Song (September 2009)
- Safe Haven (September 2010)
- The Best of Me (October 2011)
- The Longest Ride (September 2013)