To heaven and back by Rita Bennett
Review by Jackie Paulson © 2012
I wish to thank BloggingForBooks@WaterBrookMultnomah.com for a free copy of this book for my honest review.
This book was an easy to read sharing of Rita’s stories of those who have crossed over and almost died but has been sent back. As a Christian I do not believe in Near Death Experiences but those of you who do would love this book. Rita’s book is very original because all of her stories are based on true events and by a Christian perspective. If you have lost a loved one and need uplifting, this book will help you and give you hope.
Near Death experiences are not classified as “a mental Illness.”
Here is a list of movies I have found in my research of Near Death Experiences. If you have enjoyed these then you will love this book!
Movies With Afterlife Themes
- RESURRECTION – A woman who experiences clinical death as the result of a car accident returns to life with the amazing ability to heal others and is persecuted by fundamentalists in town. This unforgettable story of love and devotion is a must see for all near-death experience buffs. This movie is the first movie based on the NDE aspects defined by Raymond Moody.
- SAVED BY THE LIGHT – After suffering a sudden, severe electrical shock, Dannion Brinkley (played by Eric Roberts) has a near-death experience and is shown the future which transforms him into a highly spiritual person. Based on the near-death experience of Dannion Brinkley. In the opinion of the webmaster, Kevin Williams, this is not only one of the best NDE movies I have seen, it is one of the best movie I have ever seen.
- GHOST DAD – A man dies in a car accident but returns to Earth as a ghost. A scientist, who halts the man’s passage to the afterlife, urges him to find his body, which he does. The NDE aspects found are: the out-of-body experience, hearing oneself pronounced dead, meeting loved ones, the reluctance to tell others, and the life-changing effect.
- QUIET EARTH – This movie is about the story of three soul survivors in the world in which a science experiment has caused all other creatures to vanish into another dimension. The common link between each of the survivors, and apparently the reason for their survival, is that each of them suffered a near-death experience at the very moment the experiment went awry. All the major aspects of the near-death experience are included.
- DEAD HEAT – In this dark comedy, a dead cop continues his crime fighting career against resurrected dead criminals by having himself resurrected by the same machine that brought back the criminals. This movie incorporates the NDE aspects of: the out-of-body experience, the total peace, and the light.
- DEAD AGAIN – An L.A. detective’s humdrum life is shaken up by the appearance of a beautiful woman suffering from amnesia. Her memory returns in a series of increasingly violent flashbacks, some of which date back to a former life in which the detective was her possibly homicidal husband.
- HEART AND SOULS – When four nice people die the night a boy is born, they become guardian angels visible only to the boy. When it seems they are interfering with his life they withdraw, but when he needs their help as an adult they come back to help him – and maybe he can help them fulfill their own unfulfilled missions in life.
- MADE IN HEAVEN – The film begins with the untimely death of its hero and his arrival in heaven. After some initial adjustments, he meets Annie and falls in love. Annie is a new soul due on Earth and he must risk everything and return to Earth to find her.
- THE SEARCH FOR BRIDEY MURPHY – A woman under hypnosis remembers a prior life … and death. This video is based on real-life events. This story is well-known in reincarnation circles because it provides very strong evidence supporting the reality of reincarnation.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL – Scrooge is visited by three spirit beings who take him on a journey in order to show him how his life has affected everyone around him in his past, present and future. He is told he can change the future he sees if only he changes his life for the better. This movie presents an excellent example of how a life review can change someone’s life.
- IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE – When a good man tries to end his own life, his guardian angel appears to show him what the world would be like without him. This movie is an excellent representation of how the life reviews aspect of a NDE, and the NDE itself, can produce profound after-effects.
- WIZARD OF OZ – Dorothy becomes unconscious, travels through a tunnel, finds herself in an enchanted wonderland, meets unusual beings, is taken to an “Emerald City” to see a powerful God-like being, and eventually returns to Earth. And you thought this was just a child’s story.
- Near Death Experience. (unlock-your-mind.com)
- Have you ever had a near death experience? (athenabrady1.wordpress.com)