2012 Book Reviews, Author, Bookcase, Construction of the World Trade Center, facebook, List of tenants in One World Trade Center, List of tenants in Two World Trade Center, North Tower, September 11 attacks, South Tower, World Trade Center
Resurrecting the Street by Jeff Ingber
Book review written by Jackie Paulson © 2012
Overcoming the greatest operational crisis in History
“Our people ran, out of the Trade Center without a pencil. No trade records. No tickets. The business that we did in the North Tower we backed up in the South Tower, and vice versa. We didn’t know where to go the next morning. Or even if there was a firm left.”
* Written by Ron Purpors, senior executive of Garban Securities LLC.
The author was in the building of the World Trade Center when it is hit by the attacks of 9/11. His preface grabs your attention and then leads you through how that day affected the world. It gives a timeline of the events of September 11, 2011. The book has 14 chapters that will jar you back to the reality of that fateful day. I don’t know about you but this is one book that I will keep on my book shelves and use a reference and landmark history lesson book. I love the map of New Your City in the front of the book and it just makes me realize that in 2012 how far our country has come since that day. All of the notes and citations and references are well researched and it was my pleasure to get a free copy of this book for my honest review. If you did not get this book as of yet, please know that it is a must have and a must read for all of us as a tribute to all of those on 9-11-11.
UPDATE and Free book:
The events of 9/11 presented the financial industry with the greatest operational crisis in its history. Every major market was closed. A significant amount of critical infrastructure was destroyed. Key officials were killed; others could not be located. Massive amounts of critical data were lost, and there was a crushing inability to communicate, locate or verify information.
With the anniversary of 9/11 looming, Jeff Ingber has released a newly updated edition of his ground-breaking book RESURRECTING THE STREET. This book has been hailed as a gripping and detailed analysis of how the financial industry recovered, which required the willpower, wisdom, and unprecedented cooperation among fierce competitors.
Perfect for history buffs, those memorializing the 9/11 anniversary, and those looking for a deeper understanding of operational crisis management.
RESURRECTING THE STREET will be free between September 7th and
- Resurrecting the Street by Jeff Ingber (getreadingnow.org)
- 09/11 – Take Time to Remember (interactive360.wordpress.com)
- My 9/11 – A Lucky Escape from Two World Trade Center, 65th Floor (wallstreetlaw.typepad.com)
- Jennifer Aniston’s Yoga Instructor Mandy Ingber Shares Slimdown Tips (celebuzz.com)
- I Will Never Forget (thestreetwhereyoulive.wordpress.com)
- The Pros and Cons of Invisalign vs. Braces (topdentists.com)
- Their Faces Haunt Me, Even Now (tuckerstuesday.typepad.com)
- I had to explain to him in detail about my sex life and if I left out a part he would slap my face. (christopherbair.wordpress.com)
- 11 years later: Remembering 9/11 (KOB.com)
- Raw Footage: 9/11 Video Shows Fox News’ Rick Leventhal Interviewing Survivors at Ground Zero as North Tower Collapses (foxnewsinsider.com)