Life without Limits by Nick Vujicic
Have you read this Inspirational Informational and Trans-formational book of 2011????? I have!!
My first book Review of blogging for books was short and sweet and to the point. I read Life without Limits by Nick Vujicic. This is the book that led me to finally get the courage to blog about Divorce Issues at my blog.
I read this book in two days (288) pages total. I am an avid reader and enjoy this hobby more than anything else in my life.
This book was published in 2010 and if it were not for “I BLOG FOR BOOKS” I would not have learned to stand up for what I believe in and start taking action now. This book was published in the USA by Doubleday Religion, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc., N.Y.
Life without Limits should also be Life without Limbs.
Nick Vujicic was born with no hands or feet. I had so many questions when I read his book. He is 27 years old in 2010 when this book was published. He was raised in a Christian home and has a younger brother (Aaron) and (Michelle) his sister. His goal in writing this book is to encourage others to overcome challenges and hardships so that they can “find your own purpose.” Nick over came so many obstacles with his (disability) which make us think and realize that to discover who we are meant to be and what we can share of our gifts to benefit others by his true story of overcoming the odds.
On page 19 I quote, “You have to stretch beyond where you are to reach where you want to be.”
Nick was born on 12/4/1982 and the nurse told his parents he had a medical condition called “Phocamelia.” Nicks mother happened to be a nurse thus understood what the term meant. His father was in shock and denial the day Nick was born. Both parents were from former Yugoslavia which is called Serbia today (4/15/2011).
What encouraged me the most is the way he wrote about all of his life experiences and challenges he had to overcome. He had to learn not to depend only on his family to do things for him. He had a desire to learn to be independent of his family as he did not want that burden on them. When I think of all of the challenges and teenage struggles I went through and thought they were a big deal, I can see now that Nick’s struggles were far more challenging to overcome. It made me look back on my life and see that I was a typical American Teenager who wished this book was out back when I was in High School.
At the age of 24, Nick attended a California church for a speaking engagement and met one other newborn baby that day who was just like he was; born without limbs. That said, Nick is a public speaker, a Christian, and travels around the world to help others understand that we are all God`s Creation.This is what led Nick to realize his life passion to public speaking and helping others was his Life Mission given by God.
He finally met one other person “just like him” and he realized, “when i was growing up i had no one who shared my situation who could help guide me, but now (Daniel) has someone. I can help him. My parents can help his parents. He does not have to go though what I went through, Perhaps I can spare him some of the pain that I had to endure.” PAGE: 24.
The genre for this book is very inspirational, guiding, spiritual, and very thought provoking.
© 2011 By Jackie Paulson
This review is from: Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life (Hardcover)
http://youtu.be/nQPmY4nIjVE Life without Limits by Nick V
- What are you doing differently [Matthew Barnett] (ecademy.com)
- Life without Limits: Limbless Nick Vujicic Gets Engaged (VIDEO)(blippitt.com)
- One size fits all? [Matthew Barnett] (ecademy.com)
- I ❤ Nick Vujicic – A Testimony of Hope from MikeBlogs(keishinta.wordpress.com)
- If You’re Feeling Sorry for Yourself… (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- “A Life Without Limits” (mn2az.blogspot.com)
- I❤ : Nick Vujicic – A Testimony of Hope from Kobes’sBlogs(keishinta.wordpress.com)
- Attitude: Life Without Limits (dakotavoice.com)
- Whenever you think life is unfair … think again! (ojaytee.wordpress.com)
- Life without limits…-Nick Vujicic (preciuosmoment.wordpress.com)
- I was not ready (gnostiek.wordpress.com)
- TOWIE: NLP Practitioners are Responsible [Matthew Barnett](ecademy.com)
- There is greatness in you waiting to shine forth!(andrewejenkins.wordpress.com)
- Nick Vujicic
- ‘Life Without Limbs’ Author Nick Vujicic Honeymoons in Hawaii (tmz.com)
- In His Mirror | Nick Vujicic (ayannanahmias.com)
- The inspirational story of Nick Vujicic (andrewazzopardi.org)
- Video: No Arms No Legs No Worries (featuring Nick Vujicic) (planetheartbook.com)
- An inspired life- Nick Vujicic… (thisfragiletent.wordpress.com)
- Spending some time with the homeless – Jeanie’s story (Part 2 of 2)(viewfrommiddleclass.wordpress.com)
- Something More (faithandfitnessembrace.wordpress.com)
- Job 34:10-12 – LIFE UNLIMITED AT CHRISTMAS (pastorross1.wordpress.com)
- From life without limbs to life without limits. (luchissmiles.com)
- In His Mirror | Nick Vujicic (baarbaarathesheep.wordpress.com)
- No arms. No legs. Huge impact. (tallskinnykiwi.typepad.com)
- Mind Article – Courage to Change (mindbeingfit.wordpress.com)
- Down Seven, Up Eight (hazyshadesofme.wordpress.com)
- Nick Vujicic & Emmanuel Kelly (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Placebo’s Evil Twin (theosophywatch.com)
- The Butterfly Circus (lostateminor.com)
- Born This Way (iwordz.wordpress.com)
- A Response to ‘After-birth abortion: why should the baby live? (davidcalves.com)