Man Alive by Patrick Morley who is also the author of 17 books and he has a PHD. He teaches a weekly Bible study to five thousand men, and is the founder of Man in the Mirror. He and his wife, Patsy, live in Winter Park, FL.
Genre/Market: Christian, Spiritual
Publication Date: 2012
5 Out of 5 points
To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, “I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review”.
The opening of this book starts out by telling the story of a man who was inside the world trade center and after he saved lives goes back inside the building only to meet his fate: JESUS.
It is my belief that we all love to hear “hero” stories to help us to understand a point that others make. In this book it does that with a deep meaning and relevant story that the pages just become a thing of the past. He adds scriptures, reflection and discussion questions that would help men in small groups.
What is so touching is that like the story in National Geographic when the one of the horrific forest fires destroys millions of trees and burns everything down; a mother bird took her babies under her wings-yes she dies-but all the babies LIVED. This is what Jesus does for all of us and men need to open their eyes and get back to church and start creating their family example. Life is to be lived and lived for something greater than ourselves and it’s never too late to turn your life back to Christ.
I would recommend this book to men especially and to small groups. This would be a great youth study as well.
© Jackie Paulson All Rights Reserved
- Book Review: Man Alive by Patrick Morley (richardburkey.wordpress.com)
- Man Alive by Patrick Morley (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- Patrick Morley’s Man in the Mirror Hiring 330 Area Directors (prnewswire.com)
- #17. Christian? Are you sure?: An analysis of La Visa Loca (melbaylon.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: MAN ALIVE (sethparr.wordpress.com)
- Man in the Mirror (ptl4.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: The Doctor and The Kid: A Weird West Tale by Mike Resnick (blogcritics.org)
- 120128 George Hach’s Journal – Saturday (georgehachmyblog.wordpress.com)
- Book Review and Giveaway: The Promise of Provision (thewritelife2.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Cancer: It’s A Good Thing I Got It! by David A. Koop (blogcritics.org)